Registration for MOVE 2019 opens October 1, 2018
2019 MOVE Registration & Payment Policy
The following policy details terms and conditions applicable to all Christ In Youth MOVE events. Groups choosing to register for a MOVE event should review policy prior to registration. Below is a summary of Deposits and Deadlines for your convenience. Additional details can be found in the Registration Rates & Deadlines table and designated sections of the policy.
DEPOSIT, DEADLINE & PRICING SUMMARY
Deposit 1 Amt/Date
Deposit 2 Amt/Date
Deposit Refund Date
4/1 for Events Starting in June
5/1 for Events Starting in July/Aug
Until 5/1 for Events Starting in June
Until 6/1 For Events Starting in July/Aug
|After the 4/1 or 5/1 deadline up to 21 days prior to the event.
||Less than 21 days prior to the event.
(AR, CA2, CA5, CO1, MD, MI1, MI2,MI3, NE, TN1)
||Amount: $50 due 4/1 for events starting in June , 5/1 for Events starting in July/Aug
||N/A - All Deposits are non-refundable
Please review the registration rates and deadlines table as it contains NEW INFORMATION for 2019 MOVE events.
REGISTRATION RATES & DEADLINES (All deadlines referred to are for 2019)
Early Registration Rate
|*NEW* Applies to any registration made prior to May 1 for events starting in June and June 1 for events starting in July and August (replaces the 60-Day Deadline)
|Standard Registration Rate (increase of $35/person)
||*NEW* Applies to any registration made after May 1/June 1 until 21 days prior to the event selected
|Late Registration Rate (increase of $25/person)
||Applies to any registration made within 21 days prior to the event selected
1st Deposit Deadline ($50/person)
**Applies to all MOVE events
|Deposit to secure registration is due within 7 days of registreing for the event. Deposit amounts are included in the price of the event (not in addition to it). If deposit is not received within 7 days, registered spots will be cancelled.
2nd Non-refundable Deposit Deadline ($50/person)
**Applies only to High-Demand (HD) events.
|*NEW* Due April 1 for events starting in June and May 1 for events starting in July and August. If payment for second deposit is not received by deadline, a $10/person late fee will be applied. If payment is not received within 15 days of the deadline, registered spots will be cancelled.
Deposit Refund Deadline
**Applies to non-HD events only
|*NEW* 60-Day Deadlines have been replaced with an April 1 deadline for events starting in June and a May 1 deadline for all events starting on or after July 1. Initial deposits for non-HD events will be refundable until April1/May 1 and non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be rolled to the group balance thereafter.
**Applies to all events
|Full payment for all registered spots is due 21 days prior to the event you are attending. Order with remaining balances due after this deadline will incur a late fee of $25/registered individual.
PRICING & PAYMENT:
- See MOVE website for specific event pricing. Rates and deadlines apply.
- Pricing is handled on a per registrant basis. Additions to a group will pay the current price based on when the addition to the group is made.
- All payment deadlines stated are based on arrival or online processing dates, NOT postmark dates.
- Payment options:
- Credit Card - Christ in Youth accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Check - Selecting the "Mail Check" option during online registration will register your space and hold it for 7 calendar days pending the arrival of a check. If a check is not received, space will be released.
- Checks can be made out to
CIY Attn: Registration
PO BOX B
Joplin, MO, 64802
- Full payment for all registered spots is due 21 days prior to the event.
- Groups are responsible for the full cost of all space not cancelled by 21 days prior to the start of the event they will attend regardless of whether the full amount has been paid yet or not. Balances due, including late fees, will be invoiced to the church.
- CIY reserves the right to refuse admittance to the MOVE event if the balance is not paid in full (including any applicable late fees) by the time the group arrives at the event.
DEPOSITS & LATE FEES:
- A deposit of $50/person must be paid to register space at a MOVE event (see registration rates & deadlines table).
- Deposits are refundable until the April 1/May 1 deadline for non-HD events (see registration rates & deadlines table).
- If only deposits have been paid when the 21-day deadline passes, a late fee of $25/person will be assessed to each registered individual in the group.
- For groups that have paid more than their deposits, but have a balance remaining, one late fee of $25 will be added for every $250 that is still owed.
- The total late feesapplies cannot exceed $25 x the number of registeredindividuals with the group as of 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- Additional deposits, restrictions and fees apply to High Demand (HD) events. See High Demand Event Section for details.
ADDITIONS & CANCELLATIONS:
- For non-HD Events: Groups that cancel part or all of their registration and do so on or before the April 1/May 1 deadline for the event they are attending will receive a refund. If the group is reducing their total number of registrants, that refund will be applied to their remaining balance. If the group must cancel their order entirely and does so on or before the April1/May 1 deadline for the event they are registered for, a refund will be issued to the group's church.
- Groups that must cancel all or part of their registration after the April 1/May 1 deadline for their event, but at least 21 dyas prior to the start of the MOVE event will forfeit the total deposit of each individual registration cancelled ($50/person for non-HD events, $100/person for HD events). This means the deposit(s) will not be refunded, applied to the group balance or transferred to another group or event.
- Groups that must cancel all or part of their registration less than 21 days prior to the start of the MOVE event will receive no refund for space cancelled. Funds cannot be applied to the remaining group balance or transferred to another group or event. Balances due will remain payable including applicable late fees.
- No refunds will be given for registered spots cancelled less than 21 days prior the the start of the event.
- Groups are welcome to add additional people for a MOVE event as long as space is available. The price for the additional registrant(s) will be based on when the addition is made.
- Additions canbe made through the same online system that you used to process the initial registration. When adding to your group, only list the number of additions you are making, not the new group totals.
- Additions can only be made by submitting a deposit (or full payment) for each additional person the group intends to bring (Mail Check option and terms still apply).
- Additional restrictions apply to High Demand (HD) events. See High Demand Event Section for details.
HIGH DEMAND (HD) EVENTS:
What is an HD devent? Certain MOVE events consistently have exceedingly high demand and fill up very early. In an effort to maximize te use of space at these events they will be designated as "High Demand" and certain portions of the MOVE registration policy are different for these events. For 2019 High Demand MOVE events are: Arkansas, California 2, California 5, Colorado 1, Maryland, Michigan 1, Michigan 2, Michigan 3, Nebraska and Tennessee 1.
- All deposits for High Demand events are non-refundable, non-transferable (to other churches or events) and will not be applied to the remaining balance of the group for any sapce registered andthen released by the group.
- In addition to the initial $50/person deposit required for all MOVE events, groups registering for HD events will be required to submit a second non-refundable deposit of $50/person due on or before the April 1/May 1 deadline. If the second deposit is nor received by the April 1/May 1 deadline, a $10/person late fee will be applied. If the second deposit isnot paid within 15 days of the April1/May 1 deadline for the event, the group's space will be cancelled and no deposits will be refunded.
- Groups registering for HD events after the April 1/May 1 deadline for that event must submit a non-refundable deposit of $100/person to secure space.
- Groups registering for High Demand events will not be allowed to transfer to other MOVE events.
- Total late fees cannot exceed $25 xthe number of people registered with the group as of 21 days prior to the event. A group attending an HD event who makes their 2nd deposit payment late and is also late paying their final balance will still incur a maximum of $25/person in late fees (i.e. the $10/person fee added for late payment of the second deposit will be replaced with the $25/person fee for latebalance payment, not added to it).
- Groups that must cancel all or part of their registration at least 21 days prior to the start of the event will forfeit the depos(s) paid for each spot ($50/person prior to the April 1/May 1 or $100/person after April 1/May 1). This means the deposit(s) will not be refunded, applied to the group balance or transferred to another group or event.
FULL EVENTS & WAITLISTS:
- When a MOVE event reaches capacity, a waiting list will be made available via the online registration system.
- If space opens at the event, groups having held space on the waiting list first will have the first opportunity to fill open spots at the event. If a person or group is contacted and offered available spots, they must respond within 48 hours of the call or email to accept or the spots will be offered to the next group on the waitlist.
- Persons wishing to register for a full MOVE event should complete the online registration process and will be put on the waiting list. No payment will be collected at that time.
- When space becomes available groups or additions on the waiting list will be contacted and given the opportunity to submit payment (deposit(s) if more than 21 days prior to the start of the event, full payment if less).
- Pricing for persons being added to an event from the waiting list will be based on when they were added to the waiting list relative to the start date of the event according to the terms herein.
- Persons or groups being added to an event from the waiting list will have a minimum of 48 hours to process online or post-mark full payment for the additional space without late fees unless the additions were originally placed on the waiting list less than 21 days prior to the start of the event. This is the only situation where the post-mark date will be used as a determining factor of timing.
- In response to a growing number of venues that require the names of all individuals attending an event ahead of time, prior to your event you will be asked to complete a housing roster for your group. We will contact you approximately 21 days prior to the event with instructions. Your timely completion of the roster will enable us to complete the housing assignment process and speed your arrival process on campus.
- In order to efficiently prepare housing for each group, the total males and total females registered with each group shall be considered final as of 21 days prior to the event.
- It is the responsibility of the group leader to notify MOVE of any changes to the number of males or females at least 21 days prior to the event.
- Any changes to the total males or total females less than 21 days prior to the event will result in a $50 Housing Adjustment Fee being added to the group’s total balance – this is a per occurrence fee, not per person.
- The Housing Adjustment Fee will not be charged if the group is adding to its total registration count for the event, only if the number of males or females increases while the total number remains the same or decreases.
In the rare instance that inclement weather is forecast to impact an event, the following will apply:
- No refunds will be issued for groups that do not attend an event that is held on the scheduled dates in the scheduled location.
- Christ in Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leadership are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of travelling to an event location.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, CIY will not cancel an event once in progress.
- If, prior to the beginning, an event is cancelled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or receive a refund of their registration fees. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- If an attendee must arrive late or leave early the registration price will be half of the available price (at the time the person is registered) if the attendee will be at the event less than 3 nights. If the attendee will be at the event 3 or more nights the full price (based on available pricing at the time of registration) will be charged.
- Any refunds due will be processed after the event at the offices of CIY. Refunds will not be paid at the event.
- MOVE reserves the right to review the handling of each group’s registration following the event. If it is found that the group was charged too much or too little the account will be updated and an adjusted invoice/refund statement will be sent. Review of registration handling will be completed as quickly after the event concludes as possible, but may take up to 30 days for the church to receive updated billing.
- MOVE is not currently offering any new church, first-time attendee, or other promotional discounts.
- Groups are required to bring a minimum of 1 adult for every 10 students attending MOVE. In addition, groups must have at least 1 male and 1 female adult if they are bringing both male and female students to the event.
- Children 6+ years old attending with a parent must be housed with the parent/guardian of the same ###. Children 5 & under may be housed with a parent/guardian of either ###.
- A validly completed CIY Discipline, Liability and Medical Release form is required for everyone attending MOVE. A parent or guardian must sign for everyone under 18. Release forms are completed electronically.
- Unless stated otherwise on the event page or in the registration system, event pricing includes 5 nights lodging, 12 meals and programming for the week. In 2019, pricing for MD, NE and OR events includes 4 nights lodging (instead of 5). Dinner on Day 5 is not included at MD (see event page for details). AL, FL1, FL2, TX1 and TX2 pricing does not include housing; registrants are responsible for reserving housing on their own.
- CIY requires that all students and adults attending an event complete and medical release and liability form. A link to the form will be included in your registration confirmation and will be coded to your specific event. Visit www.ciy/com/MOVE/forms for a full explanation.
- CIY also requires that all adult leaders either undergo at minimum a National Criminal & ### Offender background check (with the Adult In Charge of the group completing a form verifying the completion of the checks and addressing any relevant criminal history) OR an Adult Disclaimer Form (1 per person without a background check). Visit www.ciy/com/MOVE/forms for more details.
- Some states or campuses may require paperwork, background checks, and/or training beyond what MOVE normally requires. Any additional requirements for the event you choose will be communicated to you, but will be at your expense (if any). Adults or students who fail to complete requirements will not be allowed to attend the event. It is the group leader’s responsibility to ensure that everyone attending with his/her group has completed stated requirements for release forms, background checks, training, etc. prior to arrival.