Prep for Your Trip
We can’t wait to see you at MOVE this summer! The MOVE team has spent this past year planning and preparing for your arrival. To make your time at MOVE even more enjoyable, here are some things you should know before arriving.
For Extended Rec options,click the button at the top of this page.
For our housing assignments, campuses and states increasingly expect (in some cases require) a roster of attendees by room assignment for security reasons. For that reason, and to avoid the time consuming process of having that information collected when you arrive on campus, MOVE will be collecting room assignment information ahead of events.
What you can expect from us is this:
- 2-3 weeks prior to your event you can expect an email and/or phone call from one of our team members asking to confirm or update the number of males/females in your group. We will work from the information you provided when you registered unless/until we hear from you, but it will ease the housing process to have an accurate gender breakdown.
- 7-10 days prior to your event you can expect to receive a roster (via email) that lists the rooms/bed spaces that have been assigned to your group (for males and females separately). We are asking you to make it a priority to fill in the roster and return it to us within 2 business days so that we can then transmit that information to the campus where required.
- The roster we send you will ask you to list who is staying in each room (first and last name) and who among the group are the adults - by providing a cell phone number for each adult. (We won't do anything with these numbers unless we need to reach someone in an emergency. For text alerts regarding on-site information, there will be a voluntary sign-up during an adult leader meeting.) Some campuses want to know both who the adults are and how to reach them in an emergency. By providing a roster that lists a contact number only for the adults we accomplish both things at one time.
- Changes: We understand that there might be changes to the roster, please let us know when those occur. If there are members of your group that cannot attend but were listed on the roster, we will ask you to combine individuals so that rooms are full and unneeded space can be released. Doing this avoids the campus charging a single room rate and allows us to accommodate additions that others might need to make.
We know this is a lot to finalize up front, but we believe that by completing the rosters in advance we can improve both the accuracy of the assignments and the efficiency of the on campus arrival. If you have specific questions about this process please let us know.
- Respect others and yourself.
- No guys in girls' dorms beyond the front lobby and vice versa.
- Alcohol, tobacco, vaping, drugs and weapons are absolutely prohibited
- Everyone must be in their dorms by the designated “In Dorm Time.”
- For security reasons, no students with backpacks are allowed into the auditorium or cafeteria.
- Follow the schedule. Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.
- During sessions, stay in your assigned seating. Please follow the posted seating chart.
- Do not leave the auditorium once the speakers begin talking.
- Respect the campus – no TP, water balloons, shaving cream, sidewalk chalk, etc. No practical jokes!
- Do not move furniture as you will be charged for any assessed damage.
- Do not dial 911 unless it is a true emergency.
- Absolutely no fireworks at any time during MOVE or while on campus property.
- No food deliveries of any kind to the campus.
- Students may leave campus ONLY with adult supervision; those staying behind must have an adult present.
- Follow the dress guidelines.
MOVE Clothing Guidelines
Acceptable (or Tip Top!)
- MOVE T-shirts
- Panda Ears
- Plaid Suits
- MOVE sunglasses
- Head Bands
- Tacky Dresses
- Eye glass pieces
- MOVE Hats
- Feather Boas
- Elbow-length gloves
- Wide brimmed hats
- MOVE Tattoos
- Short Shorts
- Sagging Pants
- Spaghetti Straps
- Low Cut Tops
What To Bring & What NOT to Bring
What To Bring:
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Clothing for five days, including travel time
- Personal toiletry items, including prescription medication
- Bedding/sleeping bag to fit a single bed
- Money for travel, the Æffect Store, offering, etc
- (optional) Athletic equipment for recreation time
What NOT To Bring
- Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, etc
- Refrigerators TV's, or air-conditioners