2020 MIX Registration & Payment Policy
*REGISTRATION POLICY UPDATE*
The following is a REVISED version of the 2020 MIX Registration & Payment Policy designed specifically to address the adjustments made due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Detailed information about CANCELLATIONS and TRANSFERS is provided immediately below the summary tables. The following policy details terms and conditions are applicable to all Christ In Youth MIX events. Given the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is possible that further changes to these policies will be required. Any changes made will be posted on the MIX website and will not impose requirements that are more stringent than listed below
DEPOSIT, DEADLINE & PRICING SUMMARY
Deposit 1 Amt/Date
Deposit 2 Amt/Date
Deposit Refund Date
|Early Price||Regular Price||Late Price|
Due: When Registered
Due: 30 days prior to the event
Deposit 1: Until 30 days prior to the event
Deposit 2: Until 21 days prior to the event
Until 30 days prior to the event.
|Less than 30 days prior to the event until 21 days prior to the event||Less than 21 days prior to the event.|
Please review the registration rates and deadlines table as it contains NEW INFORMATION for 2020 MIX events.
REGISTRATION RATES & DEADLINES (All deadlines referred to are for 2020)
Early Registration Rate
|Applies to any registration made prior to 30 days prior to the event.|
|Standard Registration Rate (increase of $35/person)||Applies to any registration made less than 30 days prior to the event until 21 days prior to the event selected.|
|Late Registration Rate (increase of $25/person)||Applies to any registration made within 21 days prior to the event selected.|
1st Deposit Deadline ($50/person)
|Deposit to secure registration is due within 7 days of registering for the event. Deposit amounts are included in the price of the event (not in addition to it). If deposit is not received within 7 days, registered spots will be canceled.|
2nd Deposit Deadline ($50/person)
|Due 30 days prior to the event. If payment for a second deposit is not received within 7 days of the deadline, a $10/person late fee will be applied. If payment is not received within 15 days of the deadline, registered spots will be canceled.|
Deposit Refund Deadline
Deposit #1 is refundable (transferred to group balance) until 30 days prior to the event and non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be rolled to the group balance thereafter.
Deposit #2 is refundable (transferrable to group balance) until 21 days prior to the event.
|Full payment for all registered spots is due 21 days prior to the event you are attending. Orders with remaining balances due after this deadline will incur a late fee of $25/registered individual.|
- Due to the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainties they create, MIX is extending groups additional time to adjust their numbers without the loss of deposit funds.
- Deposit #1 is refundable (can be applied to the group balance) until 30 days prior to the event. If a group originally registered more space than will be needed, this adjustment needs to be made by 30 days prior to the event.
- Deposit #2 is refundable (can be transferred to the group balance) until 21 days prior to the event.
- If the event a group is registered for is canceled at any point, MIX will ask the group to continue to partner with us by leaving the original Deposit #1 amount and will provide the MIX/AT experience for the group at no additional cost. If a group is not able to partner with MIX in this way, Deposit #1 will be refunded.
- All funds paid beyond Deposit #1 will be refunded upon request if the event the group registered for is canceled.
- Groups should expect refunds 60-90 days after the request is made.
- Groups that must cancel all or part of their registration less than 21 days prior to the start of the MIX event will receive no refund for space canceled. Funds cannot be applied to the remaining group balance or transferred to another group or event. Balances due will remain payable including applicable late fees.
- No refunds will be given for registered spots canceled less than 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- Due to the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainties they create, MIX is extending groups additional latitude when it comes to switching events. For 2020:
- MIX will allow registered groups to transfer their registration from one MIX event to another if space is available.
- Requests for transfer should be made at least 30 days prior to the event they were originally scheduled for and are subject to space availability.
- If a group’s original event is canceled, the group can choose to transfer to another MIX event if there is space available.
- If the event a group wants to transfer to is full, the group will be placed ahead of groups currently waiting to get into that event in order of requests being received from other groups transferring from canceled events (by virtue of having been registered in another MIX event).
- If a group transfers from one MIX event to another, their registration price will be at the same price level (early, standard or late) as at their original event – but the price may vary based on the differences between event prices.
- See the MIX website for specific event pricing. Rates and deadlines apply.
- Pricing is handled on a per registrant basis. Additions to a group will pay the current price based on when the addition to the group is made.
- All payment deadlines stated are based on arrival or online processing dates, NOT postmark dates.
- Payment options:
- Credit Card – Christ In Youth accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- Check – selecting the “Mail Check” option during online registration will register your space and hold it for 7 calendar days pending the arrival of a check. If a check is not received, space will be released. Checks can be made out to CIY Attn: Registration PO Box B, Joplin, MO 64802.
- Full payment for all registered spots is due 21 days prior to the event.
- Groups are responsible for the full cost of all space not canceled by 21 days prior to the start of the event they will attend regardless of whether the full amount has been paid yet or not. Balances due, including late fees, will be invoiced to the church.
- CIY reserves the right to refuse admittance to the MIX event if the balance is not paid in full (including any applicable late fees) by the time the group arrives at the event.
DEPOSITS & LATE FEES:
- A deposit of $50/person must be paid to register space at a MIX event (see registration rates & deadlines table – referred to as Deposit #1).
- Deposit #1 is refundable until 30 days prior to the event (see registration rates & deadlines table).
- For all MIX events, a second deposit of $50/person is due 30 days prior to the event. This deposit is refundable until 21 days prior to the event.
- If the second deposit is not received within 7 days of the 30 day deadline, a $10/person late fee will be applied. If the second deposit is not paid within 15 days of the May 1 deadline for the event, the group’s space will be canceled and no deposits will be refunded.
- Groups registering after the 30 day deadline for that event must submit a deposit of $100/person to secure space.
- If only deposits have been paid when the 21-day (full payment) deadline passes, a late fee of $25/person will be assessed to each registered individual in the group.
- For groups that have paid more than their deposits, but have a balance remaining, one late fee of $25 will be added for every $250 that is still owed.
- The total late fees applied cannot exceed $25 x the number of registered individuals with the group as of 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- Groups are welcome to add additional people for a MIX event as long as space is available. The price for the additional registrant(s) will be based on when the addition is made.
- Additions can be made through the same online system that you used to process the initial registration. When adding to your group, only list the number of additions you are making, not the new group totals.
- Additions can only be made by submitting a deposit (or full payment) for each additional person the group intends to bring (Mail Check option and terms still apply).
FULL EVENTS & WAITLISTS:
- When a MIX event reaches capacity, a waiting list will be made available via the online registration system.
- If space opens at the event, groups having held space on the waiting list first will have the first opportunity to fill open spots at the event. If a person or group is contacted and offered available spots, they must respond within 48 hours of the call or email to accept or the spots will be offered to the next group on the waitlist.
- Persons wishing to register for a full MIX event should complete the online registration process and will be put on the waiting list. No payment will be collected at that time.
- When space becomes available groups or additions on the waiting list will be contacted and given the opportunity to submit payment (deposit(s) if more than 21 days prior to the start of the event, full payment if less).
- Pricing for persons being added to an event from the waiting list will be based on when they were added to the waiting list relative to the start date of the event according to the terms herein.
- Persons or groups being added to an event from the waiting list will have a minimum of 48 hours to process online or post-mark full payment for the additional space without late fees unless the additions were originally placed on the waiting list less than 21 days prior to the start of the event. This is the only situation where the post-mark date will be used as a determining factor of timing.
- NEW FOR 2020: Churches will continue to be responsible for assigning housing for their group from the block of rooms CIY provides (as described below), but will no longer be permitted to assign 1 adult and 1 student to a room. CIY advises groups to house adult leaders in rooms together dispersed among student rooms for their group.
- In response to a growing number of venues that require the names of all individuals attending an event ahead of time, prior to your event you will be asked to complete a housing roster for your group. We will contact you approximately 21 days prior to the event with instructions. Your timely completion of the roster will enable us to complete the housing assignment process and speed your arrival process on campus.
- In order to efficiently prepare housing for each group, the total males and total females registered with each group shall be considered final as of 21 days prior to the event.
- It is the responsibility of the group leader to notify MIX of any changes to the number of males or females at least 21 days prior to the event.
- Any changes to the total males or total females less than 21 days prior to the event will result in a $50 Housing Adjustment Fee being added to the group’s total balance – this is a per occurrence fee, not per person.
- The Housing Adjustment Fee will not be charged if the group is adding to its total registration count for the event, only if the number of males or females increases while the total number remains the same or decreases.
If a scheduled MIX event must be canceled due to weather, pandemic or other causes beyond the control of CIY, the following will apply:
- If an event IS held as scheduled and a group chooses not to attend, the payment and refund policies described herein will apply.
- Christ in Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leaders are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of traveling to an event location and/or attending an event.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, CIY will not cancel an event once in progress.
- If prior to the beginning, an event is canceled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or receive a refund of their registration fees. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- If an attendee must arrive late or leave early the registration price will be half of the available price (at the time the person is registered) if the attendee will be at the event less than 3 nights. If the attendee will be at the event 3 or more nights the full price (based on available pricing at the time of registration) will be charged.
- Any refunds due will be processed after the event at the offices of CIY. Refunds will not be paid at the event.
- MIX reserves the right to review the handling of each group’s registration following the event. If it is found that the group was charged too much or too little the account will be updated and an adjusted invoice/refund statement will be sent. Review of registration handling will be completed as quickly after the event concludes as possible but may take up to 30 days for the church to receive updated billing.
- MIX is not currently offering any new church, first-time attendee, or other promotional discounts.
- Groups are required to bring a minimum of 1 adult for every 8 students attending MIX. In addition, groups must have at least 1 male and 1 female adult if they are bringing both male and female students to the event.
- Children 6+ years old attending with a parent must be housed with the parent/guardian of the same sex. Children 5 & under may be housed with a parent/guardian of either sex.
- A validly completed CIY Discipline, Liability, and Medical Release form is required for everyone attending MIX. A parent or guardian must sign for everyone under 18. Release forms are completed electronically.
- Unless stated otherwise on the event page or in the registration system, event pricing includes 4 nights lodging, 9 meals (Dinner on Day 1 through Dinner on Day 4, not including Lunch on Day 4) and programming for the week. In 2020, pricing for IL, KY1-5, NM, OK1, TX includes lunch on Day 4.
- CIY requires that all students and adults attending an event complete and medical release and liability form. A link to the form will be included in your registration confirmation and will be coded to your specific event. Visit www.ciy/com/MIX/forms for a full explanation.
- CIY also requires that all adult leaders undergo at minimum a National Criminal & Sex Offender background check, complete an approved abuse awareness training module, complete the adult medical release form along with the acknowledgments of CIY’s child protection and adult leader screening process. Costs associated with background checks and/or abuse awareness training will be the responsibility of the church or the adult leader. Visit www.ciy/com/MIX/forms for more details.
- Some states or campuses may require paperwork, background checks, and/or training beyond what MIX normally requires. Any additional requirements for the event you choose will be communicated to you but will be at your expense (if any). Adults or students who fail to complete requirements will not be allowed to attend the event. It is the group leader’s responsibility to ensure that everyone attending with his/her group has completed stated requirements for release forms, background checks, training, etc. prior to arrival.