2019 MIX Prayer Page
Welcome to the MIX Prayer Page! If you're here, it probably means that you have committed to praying for a Jr. High student before, during and after their time at MIX. We hope this guide will help you know how to lift these students up to our Father in Heaven.
You were probably directed to this website by following a link on the back of a key tag you received at church. But if that’s not how, we're still glad you're here. If you DO have a key tag, write the name of a specific student going to MIX on the space provided and attach the key tag to your keychain. Allow this to be a daily reminder to pray for that student every time you see the key tag.
What to Pray Before the Event
This year at MIX, our theme is called, “TO BE CONTINUED…” and we’ll explore the life of Elijah. This year junior high students will learn what it means to continue pressing on when all seems lost, and to continue the call of God that has been given to each of His children since the dawn of time.
Please feel free to read along with us. In the days, weeks and months leading up to MIX, begin reading through the life of Elijah found in 1 Kings 16:29- 2 Kings 2:13, and please join us in praying the following prayers that are inspired by the life of Elijah:
- Pray that your students understand God’s presence in their lives and in our world.
- Pray that your students learn to trust in God’s provision for their whole beings.
- Pray that God melts loneliness away in your students’ lives.
- Pray that they come home ready to do God's Kingdom work.
- Pray that in this time leading up to MIX, God would protect their hearts against the evil one. He would love for each student to not experience the worship, community and truth that God has in store for them this summer.
What To Pray During the Event
Below are the daily themes and scriptures we'll be going through at MIX together. We'd like to invite you to study along with us, praying specifically for those themes to soak deep into the hearts of the students.
Day 1: Broadcast
On Day 1 students will learn that God is broadcasting a message to the whole world that He is the one true God.
Passage: 1 Kings 16:29-34, 1 Kings 17:1
Day 2: Tune In
On Day 2, we’ll challenge students to tune into God’s broadcast. We will call them to trust in God by teaching them that God provides everything his workers need. We’ll then look at how Scripture shows that God gives His workers power to stand up for Him
Passages: 1 Kings 17; 1 Kings 18-16-46
Day 3: Are You Still Watching?
On Day 3 we’re going to learn and celebrate the truths that God is with His workers when they feel alone. However, He’s not only WITH us, he also has a PLAN for us.
Passage: 1 Kings 19:1-18
Day 4: To Be Continued…
On Day 4 we’ll show students that God’s plan is to use us to do His amazing Kingdom work. He chooses each of us to play a part in His mission, and we all have gifts and talents and abilities to further His Kingdom.
Passages: 1 Kings 19:19-21; 2 Kings 2:11-13
What to Pray After the Event
Often, this is the most important time to pray for students. As they adjust back to home and the real world, They're home and back in the real world. Life is hard and the temptation is to go back to the way things were. But God is calling them to SO MUCH MORE! During this time, find the student you've been praying for and ask them to tell you a little about their experience at MIX. Share that you've been praying for them and that you will continue to do so.
- Pray that God gives them the strength to stand firm in their home, school and social settings.
- Pray that God continues to challenge them by sending people to them that will display Christ and challenge them.
- Pray that God reveals to them how they can play a role in His Kingdom right now.
- Pray that through them, God would bear fruit that would last for generations.
Thank you, again, for praying for these students. We truly believe that it is of infinite worth.