That’s why we’ve created a list for you!
1. Keep the heart of summer alive and go to an indoor water park or swimming pool. While you’re there, have an indoor picnic.
2. Have a movie marathon night with hot chocolate and snacks.
3. Compete in an indoor obstacle course, scavenger hunt or minute-to-win-it games.
4. Go ice-skating.
5. Make ice cream out of snow.
6. Clean out closets together and collect clothes to give to those in need in your community.
7. Build a bonfire – and don’t forget the snacks – and worship together.
8. Have a “glow-in-the-dark” sledding night with glow-sticks.
9. Compete in a snowman-making contest and have prizes for different categories such as: “Fastest,” “Most creative,” and “Tallest.”
10. Get your student-athletes to compete in some “Winter Olympic” games such as: a snowball toss or an original version of curling … anything can slide on ice, right?
11. Have an epic snowball fight.
12. Shovel snow for someone in need as a group.
No matter how cold it gets, we hope your youth group stays on fire for God! Take advantage of this slow season by having fun together, building morale and relaunching your youth ministry.
How do you keep your group’s spiritual momentum going during the winter months? We want to know what has worked for you! Join our CIY Community – a student ministry group – through the Christ In Youth Facebook page.
Mariah Evans is CIY’s executive campaign administrator. Her email is Mariah.firstname.lastname@example.org.