Here are 10 things you have to know about Shala W. Graham.
1. She was just ordained as a youth pastor this spring at The Bridge in Silver Spring, Maryland.
2. She met her husband playing Ultimate Frisbee. They’ve been married for 14 years and he gave her a teddy bear for Christmas last year, which she has named Alex.
3. Even though the Grahams live in one of the most diverse and active cities in the country – Washington, D.C. – their favorite thing to do is stay in and nap.
4. Shala is a branding expert and entrepreneur.
5. She uses her amazing photography skills to encourage women. She says providing professional, beautiful pictures is oftentimes an outlet where she can tell women how God created them with beauty and goodness.
6. Shala says steak fajitas is her favorite food, and that no other dish even comes close.
7. She felt God calling her to ministry when she was a freshman at Howard University.
8. She says Kingdom workers set an example for others to follow in their walks with God – whether it’s in school, on the job or within the body of Christ.
9. She loves how bold and confident Elijah was in the power and authority of God when he challenged all the prophets of false gods. Elijah’s story inspires Shala to ask, “What would happen if we all tackled life’s greatest challenges knowing that God was the real deal who would always show up and show out?”
10. She said she can’t wait to share truths to students this summer – particularly this: “God is for you. He has a plan for you that will blow your mind. So say ‘Yes’ to His will for your life and hold on for the ride!”