Here are 10 things you need to know about Greg Washington.
1. He’s a native of Denver, Colorado.
2. He’s the teaching pastor at Life Church in Germantown, Wisconsin.
3. He’s married to Tiffany and they have two goddaughters: Naomi, 2, and Kaela, 19. He said they’re always at his home – which is fantastic.
4. He graduated from Trinity Bible College in 2011 with two bachelor’s degrees in Biblical studies and Christian leadership, and an associate of arts degree in psychology.
5. He could eat hot wings with blue cheese dressing EVERY day!
6. He thinks Denzel Washington is the best actor. Hands down!
7. He heard God calling him to a life of ministry in 2006. He was in a pivotal moment of his life after he had been expelled from school and lost his football scholarship. He said he cried out to God for “another opportunity,” and fully surrendered to Him for the first time in his life. He said after that moment God continued to open doors to full-time ministry.
8. He said to be a Kingdom worker means always saying “Yes” in the mindset of being a light of Christ and a servant in whatever capacity He leads.
9. He said the most inspiring moment in the story of Elijah happens in 1 Kings 17:8-16 with the widow. He said the story represents how God can provide so much with so little.
10. The most important message he wants students to hear this summer is that the power of Christ in us enables us to be the cause and not the effect in our lives. “Don't just exist,” he said, “take authority and take over!”