- 30 days or more before the event: $59 (Early Price).
- Two weeks or more before the event: $69 (Regular Price).
- Less than two weeks before the event: $79 (Late Price).
How To Register
All registrations are processed online. Payment can be made by credit card online or by selecting “Mail Check” as the payment option and sending a check to CIY – see address below – within seven days.
Register online at www.ciy.com/believe/register.
If mailing a check payment, please make payable to Christ In Youth and send to:
Christ In Youth
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802
Believe cannot accept multiple personal checks from parents for registration deposits or final payment. Checks must come from the church/organization or one personal check per payment.
- 30 day deadlines – for both price points and deposit refunds fall on Wednesday – four weeks and two days prior to the event.*
- 14 day deadlines – for price points and balance payments fall on Friday – two weeks prior to the event.**
*Oklahoma and Kentucky 30 day deadlines have been adjusted due to Christmas / New Year's Day. Indiana 2 30 day deadline falls on a Thursday because the event begins on a Saturday.
**Oklahoma Early deadline has been adjusted due to New Year's Day. Indiana 2 Early deadline falls on a Saturday because the event begins on a Saturday.
Deposits & Cancellations
A deposit of $30 per person must be received in order to register for Believe. Space will be held temporarily (seven calendar days) for those choosing “Mail Check” as their payment option, and will be cancelled if the deposit(s) is/are not received within seven days.
Deposits are refundable up to 30 days before the start of the event. Less than 30 days before the event deposits are non-refundable and cannot be applied to the group balance, transferred to another group or future event. If a specific student cannot attend, you can fill that spot with another student or adult from your church. Reduction of total count or complete cancellation less than 30 days, but 14 or more days before the event, will result in the forfeiture of the deposit for each spot cancelled.
Registration counts are considered final as of 14 days prior to your event. No refunds will be given for reduced registration totals or group cancellations less than 14 days prior to the event. Groups that have not paid in full and then reduce space or cancel will be responsible for paying the full balance for all space reserved as of 14 days before the event.
Balance Payment Deadline (14 days before the event)
All group balances are due in full 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the event. A $10/person late payment fee will apply for all groups/persons not paid in full by the payment deadline (2 weeks prior to the start of the event). Balance payments must be processed on or prior to 2 weeks (14 days) before the event starts. For every $30 that remains outstanding, one late fee of $10 will be added to the group balance. The maximum that a group would be charged is $10 x the number of attendees registered as of 2 weeks prior to the event if only deposits have been paid by the payment deadline. The late payment fee will NOT be added to anyone registered at the Regular ($79/person) Registration rate.
Medical Release Forms
Believe must receive an appropriately signed CIY Medical Release Form for everyone in attendance at Believe. A parent or legal guardian must sign the form for anyone under 18. Only the CIY Medical Release Form is accepted. Neither adults nor students may remain at a Believe event without a signed CIY Medical Release Form. These forms are now being completed electronically, and access to the web form will be provided when the registration is processed. Electronically submitted forms do not have to be turned in at the event, but the church is responsible for carrying a copy during the event in case of emergency.
Groups are required to bring a minimum of 1 adult for every 7 students attending Believe. In addition, groups must have at least 1 male and 1 female adult if they are bringing both male and female students to the event.
Adult Background Check / Disclaimer Forms
CIY strongly encourages churches to appropriately screen their adult leaders for the protection of the students. As such, every adult attending believe must be covered under one of the following:
1. Adult Background Check Verification Form – This is a single form signed by the group leader stating that every adult in attendance has had a national criminal & ### offender background check within the last 2 years, that the check did not show any felonies or crimes related to minors, and that the results of said checks are on file at the church.
2. Adult Disclaimer Form – Any adult not covered under the Background Check Verification form must fill out the Adult Disclaimer form which addresses the same range of issues listed above.
CIY reserves the right at its sole discretion to exclude from participation in any believe event adults who have criminal or ### offense charges/convictions in their past.
In the rare instance that inclement weather is forecast to impact an event, the following will apply:
- No refunds will be issued for groups that do not attend an event that is held on the scheduled dates in the scheduled location.
- Christ In Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leadership are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of travelling to an event location.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, Christ In Youth will not terminate an event once it begins. If an event must be terminated because of a government action or venue closure, CIY will not refund registration fees for the event.
- If, prior to beginning, an event is cancelled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or receive a refund of their registration fees. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
Wristbands will be mailed about 10 days before the event to churches paid in full prior to/at the 14 Day Deadline. Wristbands will be mailed to the address provided when you register. Wristbands for any additions made to your registration less than 14 days before the event must be picked up at the Believe registration area at the event. Groups whose balance has not been paid by the 14 Day Deadline will have to pick up wristbands at the Believe registration area at the event as well. If you lose or forget wristbands, you MUST purchase replacements for $1.00/wristband.
2017 - 2018 Tour Dates, Locations, & Deadlines
|Event||Dates||City||Venue||Early $59||Regular $69|
|BEL17TX||10/20-10/21||Dallas, TX||Crossroads Christian Church||9/20/17||10/6/17|
|BEL17CA||11/3-11/4||Irvine, CA||Mariners Church Community Center||10/4/17||10/20/17|
|BEL17OR||11/10-11/11||Portland, OR||Rolling Hills Community Church||10/11/17||10/27/17|
|BEL18OK||1/26-1/27||Tulsa, OK||Cox Business Center||1/10/18||1/19/18|
|BEL18KY||2/2-2/3||Louisville, KY||Kentucky Expo Center||1/10/18||1/19/18|
|BEL18OH||2/16-2/17||Cincinnati, OH||BB&T Arena||1/17/18||2/2/18|
|BEL18FL||2/23-2/24||Kissimmee, FL||Osceola Heritage Park, Silver Spurs Arena||1/24/18||2/9/18|
|BEL18IL||3/2-3/3||Springfield, IL||Prairie Capital Convention Center||1/31/18||2/16/18|
|BEL18GA||3/16-3/17||Atlanta, GA||Greater Atlanta Christian School||2/14/18||3/2/18|
|BEL18MO||3/23-3/24||Kansas City, MO||Kansas City Convention Center||2/21/18||3/9/18|
|BEL18IN1||4/6-4/7||Anderson, IN||Reardon Auditorium||3/7/18||3/23/18|
|BEL18IN2||4/7-4/8||Anderson, IN||Reardon Auditorium||3/8/18||3/24/18|
|BEL18MI||4/20-4/21||Holland, MI||Hope College, DeVos||3/21/18||4/6/18|
Are Deposits Refundable?
You must cancel or reduce your registered numbers at least 30 days before the event starts to receive any refund. Inside 30 days, deposits are not refundable, cannot be applied to the group balance, transferred to another group or applied to a future event. A $30/person deposit is required to register. You are welcome to fill an empty spot with another student or adult from your church.
When is my balance due?
Payment in full for all students and adults must be received or processed through online registration at least (14 days) two weeks before the event. All payment in full dates will fall on the Friday two weeks before the event (except IN2, which falls on Saturday, two weeks before the event).
How are Cancellations handled?
If you reduce your total attendance number from what was registered and do so at least 30 days before the event, all funds paid for space cancelled will be applied to the group balance or refunded if no balance exists.
If you reduce your total attendance count less than 30 days before the event, but 14 or more days before the event, the $30 per person deposit will be retained by CIY.
There will be no refunds for cancellations or reductions in total number made less than 14 days before to the event.
Payment in full will be due for any cancellations made less than 14 days before the event whether or not payment in full has been made at the time of the cancellation(s). This applies to a reduction in the total count for the group or a group that must cancel its attendance entirely.
What are my options for payment?
Payments before the event can be processed online via credit card or by mailing a check to the address listed:
Christ In Youth
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802
Onsite payments will be accepted by cash, church check, or credit card.
Adding to an Existing Registration
Adding students and/or adults to your group is easy. Simply go online and register the additional students/adults. Log in as you did previously and choose the link to register for believe. When asked how many you’d like to register, ONLY REGISTER YOUR ADDITIONS, making sure that you put a zero in any fields where the quantity is zero. Your new registrations will be entered in at the current price point and filed with your previous registration information.
You are responsible for your own housing. You are not obligated to stay in a hotel where we set up a room block. See the date and location page for your event for hotel information. Please call the hotel and book your rooms by the cut-off date!
You are responsible for your own meals. The schedule allows time for your group to leave the venue, eat, and be back in time for each session. Expect to eat 4-6 meals depending on whether you stay 1 or 2 nights.
There may be parking fees, depending on the venue. An average is $10-$15 per vehicle per day.
The Believe Æffect Store will be open before and after each session. Items ranging in price from $5-$40 will be available for sale, including...ministry resources and more! Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted at the Believe Æffect Store.
Each year, Believe partners with a ministry that is addressing a social justice issue for the sake of The Kingdom. During believe an offering will be taken with a portion of the proceeds going to the partner ministry and a portion going to help Christ In Youth underwrite elements of its ministry that are not self-funding. Students and adults are invited to participate in the ministry of both CIY and the partner ministry by giving.
Filming at Believe
We recognize the importance of capturing portions of your group’s experience at Believe, we welcome you to record the activities of your group during the weekend. In that regard, the following guidelines shall apply:
- No lights or flashes can be used during main sessions.
- Students and adults are asked to stay in their seating areas and should not approach the stage in a disruptive way.
- believe reserves the right to ask you to stop filming at any time if we feel that the filming is disrupting the experience of others or places you or others in danger.
- Out of respect for the artists on tour, believe reserves the right to restrict recording of specific elements of the program via request from stage, in writing, or a tap on the shoulder.
- We encourage you to capture short segments of the program, but ask that you not attempt to record more than 1 minute of the program at a time or any of the film content that is displayed during the event. Any film or pictures recorded may not be sold or used in a product being sold.
- All filming is subject to any restrictions placed on recording by the venue for the event. This may include a ban on all recording. Details related to specific event locations can be provided upon request.